Submission Deadline (EXTENDED): January 19th, 2013.
Notifications will be sent by the 1st of February.
Submissions have closed.
We also invite WORKSHOP PROPOSALS to be presented on the day preceding the full conference (17th June 2013).
Workshops offer an informal environment for attendees with common interests and diverse perspectives to engage in rich discussions around works in progress or new areas of research and practice. Workshops can relate to, but are not limited to, the topics of the conference (see the Call for Participation for an overview), and are a good opportunity to explore a specialised interest or interdisciplinary topic with greater time for in depth discourse, debate and collaboration. Admission to workshops and tutorials will be charged separately from the main conference.
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Submit 500-1,000 word PDF proposal addressing the following:
• Clearly state the title, topic.
• The anticipated audience and expected number of participants.
• Proposed channels for promoting and marketing your workshop/proposal.
• Name(s) of proposer(s)/submitter(s).
• Indicate venue requirements and especially note any hardware/software requirements (computer lab, tools, workshop, software applications). Please indicate if there are any safety implications (eg. soldering) that may need health and safety compliance.
• If you require any technical or specialist equipment, indicate clearly if you will be supplying/bringing it yourself or whether other arrangments need to be made.
• Specify whether you would like a half-day or full-day time-slot
• Include 1 paragraph bio & affiliation for each workshop organiser(s) and 2-paragraph background relating to proposed topic. Please use the SIG CHI Extended Abstract format: http://chi2012.acm.org/cfp-formatting-instructions.shtml
• Workshop proposers should engage in the promotion of their event amongst own networks and on mailing lists. The workshop will also be publicised on the conference website.
• We will give preference to workshops that focus on community building and communal knowledge creation rather than structured miniature paper presentation sessions
• Workshop proposer(s) are responsible for organising the publication of any workshop proceedings if desired.
• Workshops may be cancelled or combined if there is insufficient participation
The deadline for submission of workshop proposals is January the 12th, 2013. Notifications will be sent by the 1st of February.
Proposals should be submitted to the Workshops Chair through the easychair system, see the website for details.
Submissions have closed.